In the past 24 hours, Victoria Police conducted 893 spot checks at homes, businesses and non-essential services across the state as part of Operation Sentinel.
- 183 fines have been issued in the past 24 hours
- Since 21 March, Victoria Police have conducted a total of 19,279 spot checks,
With three dedicated operations running across the state this weekend (Operation Sentinel, Operation Nexus and Operation Shielding), Victoria Police has a highly visible presence on the streets, roads and around our biggest retail precincts to identify blatant breaches of the Chief Medical Officer’s directives, as well as dangerous driver behaviour.
Examples of breaches identified over the past 24 hours include:
- Seven mates found drinking within a schoolyard.
- Multiple instances of private gatherings at residential properties.
- Four women caught partying at a short-term rental property.
- Five people intercepted in a rideshare vehicle.
- In addition to being dealt with as a criminal matter, fines have also been issued to alleged offenders (including those dealing drugs) for breaching CHO directions and not staying at home.