Eastern Region Crime Squad detectives arrested four men and seized guns, drugs and cash following an operation in Werribee yesterday afternoon.
The four men were arrested by the Special Operations Group outside a Sonia Court property about 2.45pm.
As three of the four men were subject to firearm prohibition orders a search of the property was conducted.
The search uncovered five firearms namely; an Adler A1-10 lever action shotgun, an Adler B2-30 semi-auto shotgun, a scoped rifle, a shotgun and a loaded Barretta Tomcat handgun.
Other items seized included over $100,000 in cash, a quantity of methylamphetamine and other firearm related items.
Three of the men; a 26-year-old from Mount Waverley, a 32-year-old from Werribee and a 35-year-old of no fixed address, have each been charged with a range of offences including:
• Possess a firearm in contravention of a firearm prohibition order
• Possess a firearm related item in contravention of a firearm prohibition order
• Possess traffickable quantity of firearms
• Prohibited person possess a firearm
• Prohibited person possess a silencer
• Traffick commercial quantity of methylamphetamine
• Deal property suspected proceeds of crime
• Fraudulently use registration plate
• Commit indictable offence whilst on bail
• Possess methylamphetamine, cocaine, cannabis, GHB and ecstasy
• Unlicensed driving
The trio have all been held over to appear at Melbourne Magistrates’ Court today, Friday 26 February.
The fourth man, a 31-year-old from Werribee, has been released and is expected to be charged on summons.