Victoria has recorded 238 new cases of coronavirus since yesterday, with the total number of cases now at 4448. Wyndham is leading the way with a total of 249 cases, which is the highest rate for a local government area throughout Victoria. 150 cases have been linked to Al-Taqwa College
The overall total has increased by 224, after 14 cases were reclassified – largely due to duplication.
Within Victoria, 29 of the new cases are linked to outbreaks and 209 are under investigation.
One new death has been reported since yesterday, a woman in her 90’s who died in hospital. To date, 27 people have died from coronavirus in Victoria.
In Victoria at the current time:
- 790 cases may indicate community transmission
- 1931 cases are currently active in Victoria
- 105 cases of coronavirus are in hospital, including 27 in intensive care
- 2488 people have recovered from the virus
- Of the total cases, 4017 cases are from metropolitan Melbourne, while 305 are from regional Victoria
- Total cases include 2329 men and 2109 women
- More than 1,197,300 tests have been processed
Cases currently linked to public housing in North Melbourne, Flemington and Carlton are as follows:
- 247 cases are residents of various public housing towers in North Melbourne and Flemington. Investigations are continuing into how these cases are linked.
- 36 cases are residents of various public housing towers in Carlton. Investigations are continuing into if and/or how these cases are linked.