Victoria's Western Roads Upgrade Spurs 24/7 Construction, Prepare for Disruptions
Prepare for some traffic headaches as critical road maintenance kicks off on Duncans Road in Werribee, part of the Victorian Government’s ongoing commitment to Western Roads Upgrade network upkeep. Netflow is spearheading the project, focusing on essential tasks like asphalting and line marking to restore the road’s condition.
When to Brace for Traffic Woes
Starting on Sunday, September 17, 2023, and continuing until Sunday, October 1, 2023 (excluding Saturdays and weather permitting), road crews will swarm the site for a gruelling 10 days and nights. To expedite the process and complete the project ASAP, workers will be on-site 24/7, around the clock.
The Victorian Government acknowledges the inconvenience this will cause and extends its appreciation to the community for their understanding.
How Traffic Will Be Affected
Get ready for a bumpy ride – here’s how these roadworks will impact you:
– Some driveways may be off-limits for a few hours. Residents will be notified in advance if access restrictions apply.
– Duncans Road between Princes Highway and Princes Freeway will be closed, with detour signs leading the way.
– Forget about on-street parking in the work area during this period.
– Expect thunderous noise, vibrations, and dust. The noisiest work will be scheduled during the day when possible, but disruptions are inevitable.
– Reduced speed limits will be in place within the work area for safety.
– Safety lights will illuminate the work area, but don’t expect a smooth drive.
– Fortunately, public transport services are not expected to be disrupted.
– Traffic controllers will be on-site, trying to help you navigate the chaos safely.
These roadworks, although necessary, will undoubtedly wreak havoc on your daily commute. Drivers are urged to plan alternative routes, keep an eye out for detour signs, and exercise extra caution while passing through the work area. Your patience is paramount as we work to enhance the Western Roads Upgrade network’s infrastructure.