Wyndham’s Green Living Series is back! It happens annually with a wide range of sustainable living workshops and events, aimed at building skills and providing tips to live a little greener.
In 2021, the Green Living Series will look and feel a little different to other years with a mix of virtual and physical events throughout the year.
Each month we will have a different theme and we are excited to announce that March is ‘Keeping Wyndham Clean’.
Wyndham City Mayor Cr Adele Hegedich said she was looking forward to the year-round initiative and hopes all locals will join in to help Wyndham get a little greener.
“We will be officially kicking off the month on Sunday 7 March on Clean up Australia Day. Wyndham locals can join a local clean-up event via the Clean Up Australia Day website,” Ms Hegedich said.
“There are multiple ways you can ‘Keep Wyndham Clean’ in March, including booking a hard rubbish collection at home or signing your business up to the Aspire program help keep waste out of landfill”
“Each little thing that everyone does adds up and helps Wyndham stay clean so everyone can enjoy what this beautiful community has to offer.”
Climate Futures and Environment Portfolio holder Cr Robert Szatkowski added that the Green Living series was also a wonderful way to get to know others in the community while doing your bit to help keep Wyndham clean.
“There are several local clean up groups across Wyndham that you could join and get to know those likeminded people around you,” Cr Szatkowski said.
“The groups such as Love Our Street, NatureWest, Beach Patrol and Werribee River Association generally run a clean-up session once a month and are always looking for more people to help them.”
For more information on the Green Living Series: https://www.wyndham.vic.gov.au/greenlivingseries
How can you help keep Wyndham clean?
Book in a hard rubbish
- Wyndham City offers all Wyndham households three free hard and green waste collection services each financial year. For more information and to pre-book visit our website.
Report illegal dumping of litter
- The dumping of litter in Wyndham is an offence. Litter should not be thrown from a vehicle, dumped onto a public reserve, nature strip or on a road. We encourage everyone to report illegal dumping. To report dumped litter:
- Contact the EPA Litter Hotline on 1300 372 842 or visit their website: www.epa.vic.gov.au
- Contact Wyndham City on 9742 0777 or submit a Wyndham City’s Online Request Form on our website
Join your local clean up group
- There are several clean up groups across Wyndham, generally running a clean-up session once a month. Groups such as Love Our Street, Wyndham Litter Warriors, Beach Patrol and Werribee River Association are always looking for more people to help them. If you are interested in joining your local group email: email@example.com or visit https://www.wyndham.vic.gov.au/services/waste-recycling/waste-education-programs-and-initiatives
Look out for a Wyndham City cleaning cabinet
- Council has installed cleaning cabinets along Werribee River to help you do a quick clean up in your area. These can be found in Presidents Park, Chirnside Park and at Werribee South. If you are interested in using one of these cabinets contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Nominate a Litter Legend
- Do you know someone who goes out of their way to clean Wyndham’s streets, parks or waterways? Nominate them as a Litter Legend via email@example.com to recognise the great job they are doing to make Wyndham a better place for all of us!
Join Aspire to separate your business waste
- Avoid business waste and the costs of disposal by joining Aspire for free. See com for more information and to register.