As hospitalisation rates decline and third dose vaccination rates increase, a number of sensible changes to pandemic orders and public health recommendations in Victoria will come into place at 11:59pm on Friday 25 February 2022.
Public health recommendations for Victorians to work and study from home will be removed, while masks will no longer be needed in most indoor settings.
Masks will only be required indoors in the following circumstances, unless an exemption applies:
- People on public transport, in taxis and rideshare, on planes, and indoors at an airport
- People working or visiting hospitals, and indoor areas at care facilities
- Workers in hospitality, retail and the court system
- Workers at justice and correctional facilities
- Students in year 3 or above at primary school, and workers at early childhood centres and primary schools (masks can be removed in secondary school)
- People working indoors at an event with more than 30,000 people attending
- In special circumstances, such as if you have COVID-19 or are a close contact and you’re leaving home
- Masks are recommended for other workers serving or facing members of the public, such as if you are at reception, meeting guests or serving customers.