The Victorian Health Building Authority (VHBA) has identified a commercially-owned parcel of land at 140 Dunnings Road, Point Cook that will be secured through compulsory acquisition for the Point Cook Community Hospital.
The owner has been consulted and will be appropriately compensated according to the VHBA.
The Point Cook Community Hospital will be a small public hospital providing a range of day hospital and primary health care services.
The project will help take pressure off nearby major hospitals, including Footscray and Sunshine hospitals, and enable more people to manage their health needs closer to home. Strong links to specialists, community health providers and social support services will ensure more seamless follow-up treatment and support for those who require complex care.
Managed by Western Health, the Point Cook Community Hospital will provide a range of public health services including:
- diagnostic services, including pathology and imaging
- pharmacy services
- public dental services
- chronic disease management
- mental health services
- alcohol and other drug support services
- day surgery
- dialysis and support for both home patients and those that receive centre-based dialysis
- community-based palliative care, chemotherapy and rehabilitation
- general practice including primary care nursing
- women’s health
- family and early childhood services
- family safety and crisis support services.
Strong links to specialists, community health providers and social support services will ensure more seamless follow-up treatment and support for those who require complex care.