Troups Road, which is currently covered with gravel, is receiving a long-awaited upgrade as part of Melton City Council’s 2021 & 2022 capital projects budget.
Troups Road is a main thoroughfare for those travelling between Melton and Wyndham and the gravel surface has been a safety concern for quite some time.
The project will include:
- New construction of a sealed road from Greigs Road to Boundary Road
- An upgraded intersection at both Greigs and Boundary Road
- Improvements to drainage, line markings and curbs
- Improvements to driveway cross-overs and end walls
- Changes to the telephone and electrical services along the road
It is anticipated that this project will take 8 to 12 months to construct after service relocations and the majority of the work will be performed during working hours.
The new design will incorporate 3.5m lanes in each direction with 1.5m shoulders and it will look very similar to the recently sealed Mt Cottrell Road.