The disused water tower at 1 Tower Road, Werribee is in the process of receiving its new makeover.
The tower, which dates back to 1913, was constructed by the State Rivers and Water Supply Commission for irrigation and domestic water supply in the Werribee South irrigation area.
For approximately 30 years, beginning in the 1950’s, the tower was also used by the Werribee Fire Brigade to fill fire trucks to assist in protecting Werribee and it’s surrounds.
The tower will be transformed when artists paint a giant mural that will highlight the historical significance of the tower to the area.
Southern Rural Water , which was formed when the Rural Water Corporation was dissolved in 1995, and Arts Assist, a not-for-profit community organisation have partnered to bring this project to completion.