Victoria has recorded 403 new cases of coronavirus since yesterday, with the total number of cases now at 7125. Wyndham has increased by another 27 cases overnight bringing our total number of active cases to 439.
The overall total has increased by 386 due to cases being reclassified – largely due to duplication.
Within Victoria, 69 of the new cases are linked to outbreaks or complex cases and 334 are under investigation.
There have been five new deaths from COVID-19 reported since yesterday. They were a man in his 50s and a man in his 70s that were not linked to known outbreaks. A woman in her 70s, a man in his 80s and a man in his 90s have also died and are linked to known outbreaks in aged care facilities. To date, 49 people have died from coronavirus in Victoria.
In Victoria at the current time:
- 1154 cases may indicate community transmission
- 3630 cases are currently active in Victoria
- 201 cases of coronavirus are in hospital, including 40 in intensive care
- 3298 people have recovered from the virus
- Of the total cases, 6558 cases are from metropolitan Melbourne, while 398 are from regional Victoria
- Total cases include 3607 men and 3442 women
- More than 1,413,100 tests have been processed
- Total number of healthcare workers: 529, active cases: 239
- There are currently 447 cases linked to 35 aged care sites that have active cases
Cases currently linked to public housing in North Melbourne, Flemington and Carlton are as follows:
- 293 cases are residents of various public housing towers in North Melbourne and Flemington. Investigations are continuing into how these cases are linked.
- 60 cases are residents of various public housing towers in Carlton. Investigations are continuing into if and/or how these cases are linked.
Cases currently linked to key outbreaks are as follows:
- 182 cases have been linked to Al-Taqwa College
- 73 cases have been linked to St Basil’s Homes for the Aged in Fawkner
- 67 cases have been linked to Estia Health in Ardeer
- 55 cases have been linked to Menarock Life Aged care in Essendon
- 34 cases have been linked to Estia Health in Heidelberg
- 33 cases have been linked to Arcare Aged Care in Craigieburn
- 21 cases have been linked to Baptcare Wyndham Lodge in Werribee
- 20 cases have been linked to Embracia Aged Care Moonee Valley in Avondale Heights
- 72 cases have been linked to Somerville Retail Services in Tottenham
- 58 cases have been linked to JBS in Brooklyn
- 29 cases have been linked to Australian Lamb Company in Colac
- 21 cases have been linked to Clever Kids Childcare in Ashburton
- 10 cases have been linked to Bertocchi Smallgoods in Thomastown