A vehicle with four passengers on board all from different households in the Wyndham area have attempted to travel through the Little River checkpoint. They stated that they were going to visit a friend in Newcomb, Geelong.
In the past 24 hours, police have issued a total of 195 fines to individuals for breaching the Chief Health Officer directions, including:
- 21 for failing to wear a face-covering when leaving home for one of the four approved reasons
- 21 at vehicle checkpoints
- 60 for curfew breaches10,302 vehicles checked at the vehicle checkpoints.
Some other breaches include:
- A group of five friends at gathering at a residential address in Bendigo, only two people could provide evidence of residing at the address.
- A woman driving in the Bayside area outside the 5km radius from her home. She stated she was not aware of the 5km restriction and was getting a coffee as there was “no good coffee in her area.”